Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dish of the month - February


For the month of February I made curry puffs. The biggest compliment I ever got for my cooking - my wife asked me to make more late in the night. And this is after having had our dinner already! I was thrilled at my success. I would rate them as a 7 on 10 for taste and a 9 on 10 for effort. I took some time this month to decide what I was going to make. Once I had the idea, the logical thing would have been to look for a recipe. We however decided for some reason that it had to use the same rolls that are used for making croissants. Now the rolls for croissants give it a sweet taste. And that clashes awkwardly with the taste of the curry. Moreover, the pastry does not puff and is not fluffy. After doing some research online, I figured out that there are puff-pastry sheets that you can buy at Walmart. Once I had this, the cooking was a piece of cake. As much as it hurt me to throw away the previous batch of "curry-croissants", I was glad that I came back the next day and successfully made curry puffs, not once but twice! Thats my second "baking" dish for this year, and I will defeinitely break the monotony for the next month.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment