Friday, September 11, 2015

Tech Reviews

My wife is my number 1 fan. And I am deeply grateful for that. She is also very good at predicting future trends. So, she might be on to something here. I was recently browsing tech forums and mentioned to her how jaded I was after reading pages of tech information on cellphones/laptops only to realize that the bottom line is thinner/faster/lighter/brighter. Where's the X-factor anymore ? Where's the feature that distinguishes you from others ? Why is it now insanely complicated (and not intuitive) to learn new features on phones or computers or tablets ? I am sure I am not using my phone to its full capability and its mainly because I dont have time to learn about non intuitive finger taps and what they can do for me. Her suggestion was to write about it. Not the whole trend. Not a lot of words. But focus on each new product. And provide the gist of it. Should we be excited ? Or is it just an incremental improvement. What catches my eye ?

  I am going to take her suggestion and start pounding these out when I get a chance. Quick reviews. Just the bottom line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment